In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.fleetfeetsavannah.com/races/superhero-fun-run-5k.
The Frank Callen Boys & Girls Clubs, will STILL be holding our 2nd Annual Superhero Fun Run 5k, on Saturday, October 22nd, at Lake Mayer Park at 8:00 am.
Due to the devastating and sad repercussions of Hurricane Matthew, we are changing up our race format. Instead of holding our race as a fundraiser, we will now simply have a Community Event.
This year, not only will we be asking the Community to come out to be superheroes for our kids, while honoring our first responders and military – this year we want to especially recognize Savannah’s “Unsung Heroes”. As a Community, we are so grateful to: our Linemen; GA Power; the hundreds of Power Workers that have come to our City to help us in our desperate time of need; the Tree Service workers that have come from across the country to compassionately & fairly assist with our tree removal from our City and our homes; Storm Water Management for making sure we had water; the National Guard for protecting us & assisting us with this massive clean-up that lies ahead; the Red Cross; FEMA; and, the countless numbers of volunteers who are helping us all through this time of crisis.
Our Frank Callen children will be participating in the Race to express their gratitude to all who have provided them with clean clothes, food, and a safe place to go home to, in such a devastating time. We are all so very grateful that, although we have many hurdles to overcome, we have such a wonderful, loving & giving Community, along with so many giving friends from all over the country who have sacrificed their own time with their families to help us.
The Superhero Fun Run 5k will continue as follows:
1. Pre-registered runners will pick up runners’ packets from Fleet Feet on Friday, October 21 from 10am-6pm.
2. Registration for timed participants begins at 7am.
3. Please dress up as your favorite superhero, first responder or unsung hero!
4. We will initially have a kid’s race for children 12 & under. This will be a small, fun “run” for our little ones.
5. Registered (previously, or day of) timed runners will start off the Race.
6. The timed runners will be followed by our walkers, non-registered first responders & military, our unsung heroes & those wishing to honor our heroes.
7. Instead of holding our scheduled “Krispy Kreme Dash”, we will take the donated donuts and pass one out to all participants.
8. Water & PowerAde will be provided by Coca Cola & Kroger
9. Granola bars & fruit will be available for participants care of Davis Produce & Publix.
10. Split from the Savannah Bananas will be joining us!
11. Raffle prizes will still be available for registered runners.
12. Timed runners will pick up their medals post-race at Fleet Feet.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Join this event and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.