In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Ready to take on the triathlon challenge, but not sure where to start? The Triathlon 201 Training Program is a beginner training program for anyone who is moderately fit & wants to complete their first triathlon, or for the novice triathlete who wants to improve! We’ll help you learn and develop skills in swimming, biking, and running, so that you can go into race day feeling confident!
This 11-week triathlon training program will be swim-heavy so that you can tackle the ½ mile open water swim with ease. We’ll meet once a week for 12 weeks to learn & practice the essentials needed to complete the River Cities Sprint Triathlon. Each session will focus on the swim, bike, or run, and you’ll be led by supportive & motivating coaches who are eager to share their experience & knowledge.
Participants will be given training plans based on their current fitness levels with 2-3 workouts to complete on their own. We’ll break up into ability groups during group workouts so that everyone is challenged appropriately. Each training session will include an informative talk or clinic, so you’ll feel confidence in your preparation going into race day. The program will conclude when you complete the River Cities Triathlon on August 2nd!
Sunday, May 17- Orientation, 5:00 at Sportspectrum
Tuesdays & Wednesdays, May 19-July 28- 6:00 Group Training, various locations. Will meet 1/week; Tuesdays for Run/Bike training, Wednesdays (May 27, June10, June 24, July 8, July 22) for Swim Clinics.
River Cities Triathlon
Voted “Favorite Large Triathlon” of the South-Midwest
Swim 880 yards, Bike 18.2 miles, Run 3.1 miles
Sunday, August 2, 2015, 8:00 am
Cypress Black Bayou- Benton, Louisiana
• You should be able to do the following at the start of the program:
o Walk 1 mile comfortably
o Swim (any stroke) 50 yards (down & back the length of a pool)
o A bike (ANY BIKE!) in good, working order.
o Helmet, free of cracks or defects
o Running Shoes,
o Swim Gear (Suit, Cap, Goggles)
• 6:00 pm at the designated locations
• Bike workouts: Harts Island Road in front of the Pecan Research Stations:
o 10300 Harts Island Road • Shreveport, LA • 71115
• Run workouts: Stoner Boat Launch.
o 857 E Stoner Ave, Shreveport, LA 71104
• 11-week Training Plan to help you meet your goal of completing the River Cities Triathlon
• Weekly group workouts supported by experienced and encouraging coaches.
• Information sessions on nutrition, triathlon rules, run form, race-day prep, and MORE!
• Clinics & Race day simulations, so you’ll be prepared for ANYTHING!
• Weekly email blasts from coach with program notes, tips, and encouragement.
• Friendships with like-minded people who share the same goal.
• Training Program Technical Tee Shirt.
• Discounts to Sportspectrum through the duration of the program.
• 1-Day Clinic with Triathlon Legend, DAVE SCOTT. Includes camp t-shirt, personalized autographed poster, & a once-in-a-lifetime training opportunity with "THE MAN".
• Crossing the finish line at the River Cities Triathlon!
Not sure if you're ready to take the plunge? Check out our Tri 101 Program!
If you have any questions about this training program, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your training program experience.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.